The academic campus consists of five buildings totaling approximately 120,600 square feet.
Existing facilities include:
- A 51,200-sf academic building – consisting of two floors of classrooms, gathering spaces, bookstore and faculty offices;
- A 25,200-sf administration building – consisting of administrative and faculty offices, classrooms and a recently renovated business office;
- A 10,000-sf cafeteria – consisting of two stories with a full kitchen, prep kitchen, administrative offices and seating for 200+;
- A 32,000-sf library – consisting of two levels of stacks, open study space, administrative offices, classrooms, and meeting rooms; and
- A 2,200-sf maintenance building.
The campus is currently occupied by a university that complies with the existing conditional use permit and includes a growing enrollment of students. The university has leased the campus through 2021 and intends to increase its enrollment throughout the term. Most students and their families live off-site and commute daily to and from the site.
Other Uses and Improvements
The site also includes:
- A large recreational playing field along Seminary Drive that is used by a multitude of adult and youth sports leagues from Marin County;
- Approximately 297 parking spaces are associated with the academic campus;
- Approximately 311 parking spaces adjacent to the residential areas;
- The university that occupies the campus utilizes the buildings for conferences and large gatherings by a variety of community groups and religious organizations such as the Hospice by the Bay, Greenheart International, Veteran’s Path, The Foundation for Reed Schools, Habitat for Humanity, and Gilead House;
- Outdoor space is occasionally used for fundraising and other community benefit-oriented uses;
- A daycare occupies a portion of the academic buildings that serves families from the southern Marin community.